A Magical Journey to Bhutan 8 Days
Culturally programmed, this journey takes you through several magnificent monasteries or rather dzongs of the magical land of Bhutan beginning from Paro to the capital city of Thimphu and to the beautiful Punakha valley en route the Dochula Pass that gives you a panoramic view of the Himalayan mountain range. Also visiting the National Institute of Traditional Medicine in Thimphu gives you an insight into the traditional and customary methods of healing that are practiced here. In these premises you can find a small museum and a gift shop selling the famous Bhutan produced herbal tea-Tsheringma.
Bhutan or the “Land of the Peaceful Dragon” is a country of sprawling forests, venerated monasteries, overpowering fortresses; lush green valley’s fed by bountiful rivers and age-old practices. Cultivated fields surrounded by pitched roof houses with their typical trefoil-shape windows and Dzongs (fortresses) dominate the scenery with their sheer size. Its people are hardworking, vibrantly attired and deeply religious while the land is immaculate. Bhutan’s alpine pastures, peaks, forests, lakes and flowers make it a paradise. Maybe that is why the rare black-necked crane makes its way across the Himalayas to Bhutan every year.
Visit the many ancient Dzongs, Monasteries, fortresses and chortens, throughout the trip.
Stop by the heritage museum, Traditional carts & crafts school, and the national institute of traditional medicine.
Dochula Pass offers a 360-degree of beautiful panoramic view of the Himalayan mountain range.
At Punakha visit Chimi Lakhang- dedicated to Lama Drukpa Kinley, also known as ‘the Divine Madman’ or the ‘Mad Saint”. and Punakha Dzong- ‘the palace of great happiness or bliss’
The “Tiger’s Nest” Taktsang Monastery:The most famous and an unofficial symbol of Bhutan, perched on the side of a vertical cliff at 3000 m.
Trip Duration: 8 Days
Arrival In: Paro
Departure From: Paro
Meals: Full Board basis (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
Best Season: September – April
• All necessary arrival and departure transfers
• 2 nights’ hotel accommodation in Thimphu – in a twin sharing room on full board basis
• 2 nights’ hotel accommodation in Punakha – in a twin sharing room on full board basis
• 3 nights’ hotel accommodation in Paro – in a twin sharing room on full board basis
• All the sightseeing tour and transfers as per the itinerary with English speaking guide by private vehicle
• Bhutan Visa Fees
• Tourism development fee & Entrance fee in Bhutan
• Lunch and dinner will be served at selected restaurants as per the program
• International airfare
• International airport tax
• Insurance and rescue of any form
• Items of personal nature such as bar bills, alcoholic beverages, laundry, telephone calls, extra mileage, personal gratuities as tips to guide, porters, drivers etc
• Personal insurance policy – suggested a comprehensive travel insurance covering tour and flight cancellations, loss of valuables, thefts, illness, accidents and hospitalization
• Excess baggage
• Gratuities, tipping to guides and drivers
• Expenses incurred by re-routing, inclement weather, floods, famine, political disruptions, strikes, riots and other disturbances
• Any items and services not mentioned on cost inclusions
Day 1 - Arrive in Paro and drive to Thimphu
Day 2 - In Thimphu
Day 3 - Drive to Punakha
Day 4 - In Punakha
Day 5 - Drive back to Paro
Day 6 - In Paro
Day 7 - In Paro
Day 8 - Final Departure