News and updates on Nepal related to the Coronavirus pandemic.
Kathmandu Valley is under lockdown since April 29 till May 26, 2021 (extended date) with the surge of second wave of COVID 19 as per the directive given by the Government of Nepal. Only essential and emergency activities are allowed to be operated. All vehicular movement (private and public) unless emergency is restricted.
- International: All flights suspended from midnight May 6 until midnight May 31.
- India: 2 flights a week per Air Bubble Agreement, effective from May 6.
- Domestic: All flights suspended except Evacuation Flights
- Restriction to enter & move within Kathmandu Valley.
- Restriction to enter & move within several districts across Nepal.
- Authorized pre-paid cabs available for Kathmandu City - Airport Transfer, with valid documents.