Tibet Overland Kathmandu - 11 Days
Lhasa, which means ‘the land of the gods’ is the heart and soul of Tibet. It is a city of wonders, the capital of the Tibet and an autonomous region of China. For centuries this holy city has attracted travellers from all over the world with its beautiful scenery, cultural heritage and its mysticism.
This road trip starts from Lhasa all the way to Kathmandu. You drive simultaneously through smooth highways and rough roads visiting various attractions on the way. Crossing the Friendship Bridge to reach Kathmandu through Kodari, you come across the borderland between Tibet and Nepal which is the trade link between these two countries.
Explore Tibet architecture and visit the many monasteries.
Step into ancient Palaces.
Enjoy mouthwatering Tibetan Gyakok (hot-pot).
Drive around snow-capped mountains and pristine lakes.
Spend time at Everest Base Camp.
Wander through UNESCO World heritage sites in Kathmandu.
Explore the ancient cities.
Destination: Tibet & Nepal
Trip Duration: 11 Days
Arrival In: Lhasa
Departure From: Kathmandu
Meals: Bed & breakfast basis
Best Season: February – May/ September – November
• Arrival and departure transfers by private vehicle
• Meet and assist by our representative at airport
• 3 nights’ hotel accommodation in Lhasa in a twin sharing room on bed and breakfast basis
• 1 night hotel accommodation in Shigatse in a twin sharing room on bed and breakfast basis
• 1 night hotel accommodation in Shegar in a twin sharing room on bed and breakfast basis
• 1 night hotel accommodation in Rongbuk in a twin sharing room on bed and breakfast basis
• 1 night hotel accommodation in Zhangmu in a twin sharing room on bed and breakfast basis
• All entrance and monument fee as indicated in the program
• All the sightseeing tour in Tibet will be provided as per the program with local English speaking Tibetan guide
• All necessary transfer by private vehicle
• Tibet travel permit
• 1 night hotel accommodation in Dhulikhel in a twin sharing room on MAP basis
• 2 nights’ hotel accommodation in Kathmandu in a twin sharing room on bed and breakfast basis
• Pickup from Kodari – Kathmandu by private vehicle
• International airfare& taxes
• Meals not mentioned in the itinerary
• Items of personal nature such as bar bills, alcoholic beverages, laundry, telephone calls, extra mileage, personal gratuities as tips to guide, porters, drivers etc
• Personal insurance policy – suggested a comprehensive travel insurance covering tour and flight cancellations, loss of valuables, thefts, illness, accidents and hospitalization; and most of all Emergency Helicopter Evacuation
• Expenses incurred by re-routing, inclement weather, floods, famine, political disruptions, strikes, riots and other disturbances
• Any items and services that are not mentioned on cost inclusions
Day 1 Arrive in Lhasa
Day 2 In Lhasa
Day 3 In Lhasa
Day 4 Drive to Shigatse via Gyantse
Day 5 Drive to Shegar
Day 6 Drive to Rongbuk, visit Everest Base Camp
Day 7 Drive to Zhangmu
Day 8 Drive to Dhulikhel
Day 9 Drive to Kathmandu
Day 10 In Kathmandu
Day 11 Final Departure