Mountains to Dzongs: Nepal & Bhutan 15 Days
This itinerary allows you to let out your adventurous side through the thrills of river rafting at the Trishuli River and elephant safari in Nepal; also get your hiking shoes ready to ascent to the famous Taktsang Monastery and Khamsum Yulley Namgyal Chorten in Bhutan.
Nepal is the land of beautiful temples, majestic mountains and pristine lakes. Nepal boasts eight of the world’s tallest mountains and the world’s oldest Hindu and Buddhist sites. Nepal is also known as the Land of ‘Mount Everest’. It offers unparalleled adventure options with abundance in flora & fauna and some of the best walking trails on the Earth.
Bhutan or the “Land of the Peaceful Dragon” is a country of sprawling forests, venerated monasteries, overpowering fortresses; lush green valley’s fed by bountiful rivers and age-old practices.
Embrace the Himalayas on the Mountain Flight
Wander through UNESCO heritage Sites.
Explore the ancient city of Patan.
Experience white water rafting.
Visit quaint traditional villages and temples.
Visit the famous gorge and lake.
Take part in jungle activities.
Explore Bhutanese architecture and visit the many Dzong’s peppered thought Bhutan.
Destination: Nepal & Bhutan
Trip Duration: 15 Days
Arrival In: Kathmandu
Departure From: Bhutan
Meals: BB basis in Kathmandu / Full Board basis in Bhutan (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
Best Season: February – May/ September – November
• Arrival/departure transfers
• Meet assistance at the airport and transfer to the hotel
• 4 nights’ hotel accommodation in Kathmandu in a twin sharing room on bed and breakfast basis
• 2 nights’ hotel accommodation in Pokhara, in a twin sharing room on full board basis
• 2 nights’ hotel accommodation in Chitwan, in a twin sharing room on full board basis
• All the sightseeing tours with English speaking guide, entrance fees and transfers as per above
• Rafting at Trishuli River
• All the entrance and monuments fees as indicated in the program
• Arrival/departure transfers
• Meet assistance at the airport
• 2 nights’ hotel accommodation in Thimphu in a twin sharing room on full board basis
• 1 night accommodation at hotel in Gangtey in a twin sharing room on full board basis
• 1 night accommodation at hotel in Punakha in a twin sharing room on full board basis
• 2 nights’ accommodation at hotel in Paro in a twin sharing room on full board basis
• All the sightseeing tour and transfers as per the itinerary with English speaking guide
• Bhutan Visa fee
• Tourism development fund & Entrance fee in Bhutan
• Nepal visa fee
• International airfare & airport tax
• Airfare Bharatpur – Kathmandu [Will be quoted separately]
• Insurance and rescue of any form
• Cost arising out of flight cancellation/road blockades/landslides/riots and events beyond our control
• Expenses of personal nature such as bar bills, communication charges, laundry, tips etc. And any other expenses not mentioned in the above cost
• Personal trekking equipment
• Meals not mentioned in the itinerary
Day 1 - Arrive in Kathmandu
Day 2 - In Kathmandu
Day 3 - In Kathmandu
Day 4 - Drive to Pokhara en route rafting
Day 5 - In Pokhara
Day 6 - Drive to Chitwan
Day 7 - In Chitwan
Day 8 - Fly to Kathmandu
Day 9 - Fly to Paro & drive to Thimphu
Day 10 - In Thimphu
Day 11 - Drive to Gangtey
Day 12 - Drive to Punakha
Day 13 - Drive back to Paro
Day 14 - In Paro
Day 15 - Final departure