Annapurna Sanctuary Trek - 14 Days
The Annapurna region, Central Nepal is one of the most famous trekking routes in the Himalayas. The trail to the Annapurna Sanctuary brings us to the foot of the south face of the mountain, via the Machhapuchhre base camp location. The trek crosses a great variety of terrains: the plains outside Pokhara, the rice fields, the small villages on the Modi khola (river). We pass through leafy forests and the bamboo jungles where the sun hardly penetrates, and finally leave the cofferdam valley, and suddenly there is one of the highest mountains in front of us. The visual spectacle is extraordinary and unforgettable. We have scheduled a whole rest day at the Annapurna base camp, at the spot known as the Sanctuary of Annapurna because of the majestic presence of the place. This trek is a good way of seeing high mountains, glaciers, forests, and jungles at close hand in a short period of time.
Explore Kathmandu, its ancient cities and its incomparable UNESCO world Heritage Sites.
Visit numerous religious monuments dedicated to Hinduism and Buddhism.
We trek through oak and rhododendron forests, visit places with unobstructed view of the sunrise over the mighty Himalayas, pass numerous rivers, the trail goes through landslide and avalanche tracks.
At the Annapurna Base Camp/Sanctuary you will see a 360 degree panoramic view of surrounding mountains including Annapurna I, Annapurna South, Gangapurna, Himchuli, Machhapuchhare etc.
From Landruk is a beautiful large Gurung village, we can see spectacular views of Annapurna South, Machhapuchhre, and Himchuli.
Trip Duration: 14 Days
Arrival In: Kathmandu
Meals: Bed & Breakfast basis (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
Best Season: March to May and September to December
• Arrival/Departure Transfers
• Meet assistance at the airport
• 3 nights’ hotel accommodation in Kathmandu in a twin sharing room on bed and breakfast basis
• 1 night hotel accommodation in Pokhara in a twin sharing room on bed and breakfast basis
• 9 nights’ tea house/ lodge based trek in Annapurna region in a twin sharing room on bed and breakfast basis
• Annapurna conversation area permits (ACAP) and TIM’s card fee
• All the transfers as per the itinerary with Local English speaking guide and by private vehicle
• Monuments and entrance fees as indicated in the above program
• Nepalese Visa fee
• International airfare and airport tax
• Insurance and rescue of any form
• Items of personal nature such as bar bills, alcoholic beverages, laundry, telephone calls, extra mileage, personal gratuities as tips to guide, porters, drivers etc.
• Personal insurance policy – suggested a comprehensive travel insurance covering tour and flight cancellations, loss of valuables, thefts, illness, accidents and hospitalization
• Excess baggage
• Gratuities, tipping to guides and drivers
• Lunches and dinners during their stay in Kathmandu and Pokhara
• Expenses incurred by re-routing, inclement weather, floods, famine, political disruptions, strikes, riots and other disturbances
• Any other items and services not mentioned on cost inclusions
Day 1 - Arrive in Kathmandu
Day 2 - Sightseeing in Kathmandu
Day 3 - Fly to Pokhara. Later drive to Naya Pool and trek to Tikhedhunga ( 1,570 m/ 5,150 ft.)
Day 4 - Trek to Ghorepani (2,874 m/ 9,427 ft.)
Day 5 - Ghorepani to Poon Hill and continue trek to Tadapani (2,610 m/ 8,561 ft.)
Day 6 - Tadapani to Chhomrong (2,410 m/ 7,905 ft.)
Day 7 - Chhomrong to Doban (2,500 m/ 8,200 ft.)
Day 8 - Doban to Machhapuchhre Base Camp (3,700 m/ 12,136 ft.)
Day 9 - Visit Annapurna Base Camp & back to Deurali (2,840 m/ 9,315 ft)
Day 10 - Deurali to Chhomrong (2,410 m/ 7,905 ft.)
Day 11 - Chhomrong to Landruk (1,600 m/ 5,248 ft.)
Day 12 - Landruk to Phedi (1,130 m/ 3,706 ft.) and drive to Pokhara
Day 13 - Fly back to Kathmandu
Day 14 - Final Departure