Everest Base Camp - 16 Days
In this trek, we follow the footsteps of legends like Messner, Bonington and Hillary, up to Everest Base Camp (EBC) and experience how they felt during their quest to Everest. Home of the renowned Sherpas, the mountain hardy people and the realm of Everest, this region needs no introduction. The airhead at Lukla serves as the gateway to the region. The trek passes through the picturesque Sherpa village of Namche bazaar culminating in the ascent” of Kala Patthar – from where the classic views of Everest and its surrounding peaks are available.
Nepal boasts eight of the world’s tallest mountains and the world’s oldest Hindu and Buddhist sites. While Kathmandu valley is made of three ancient cities filled with enchanting medieval palaces, pagodas, temples, statues and stupas, the rest of the kingdom offers unparalleled adventure options with abundance in flora and fauna.
Explore Kathmandu, its ancient cities and its incomparable UNSECO world Heritage Sites.
Visit numerous religious monuments dedicated to Hinduism and Buddhism
Visit the Ancient City of Patan, a city of artisans and a paradise of fine arts.
The flight to Lukla is a lifeti
A visit the Museum offers information geography, culture, mountaineering history, flora and fauna of this region.
Along the route you will see the magnificent Himalayan peaks, the animals and birds of the region.
At Tengboche, the most beautiful place in the region, the fiorst thing you will see is a Big Gompa (Monastery)
Walk through forests of birch, fir, juniper and rhododendron, past the long prayer mani wall.
At Pangboche villagevisit the old Monastery.
Dingboche is a beautiful patchwork of fields enclosed by stone walls protecting the crops of barley, buckwheat and potatoes.
Breathtaking views of the north face of Ama Dablam and the Lhotse-Nuptse ridge.
See the icy-glacial pond and icebergs down below of Khumbu glacier.
From Kalapatthar top, the views will be beyond your wildest imagination, with Everest seeming within a stone throw away.
Trip Duration: 16 Days
Arrival In: Kathmandu
Departure From: Kathmandu
Meals: Bed & Breakfast basis (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
Best Season: September – April
• Arrival and departure transfers
• 3 nights’ accommodation in a hotel in Kathmandu on bed and breakfast basis
• 12 nights’ accommodation in tea house/lodge based on Bed and Breakfast basis with supporting staff
• Everest Conservation fees
• TIMS card
• Nepal entry visa fee
• International airfare
• Airfare for the sector Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu
• Refreshments, tips, bottled drinks and bar bills
• Insurance and rescue of any form
• Any meals which are not mentioned in the itinerary
• Cost arising out of flight cancellation or reasons beyond our control
• Expenses of personal nature and any other expenses not mentioned in the above cost
• Gratuities, tipping to guides and drivers
• Excess baggage
• Personal insurance policy – suggested a comprehensive travel insurance covering tour and flight cancellations, loss of valuables, thefts, illness, accidents and hospitalization
• Any other thing that is not mentioned in the cost inclusion
Day 1 - Arrive in Kathmandu (1,400 m / 4,600 ft)
Day 2 - In Kathmandu
Day 3 - Fly to Lukla and trek to Monjo (2,835 m / 9,300 ft)
Day 4 - Trek to Namche (3,446 m / 11,300 ft)
Day 5 - In Namche Bazaar for acclimatization
Day 6 - Trek to Tengboche (3,867m/12687 ft.)
Day 7 - Trek to Dingboche (4,530 m / 14,800 ft)
Day 8 - In Dingboche for acclimatization
Day 9 - Trek to Lobuche (4,930 m / 16,175 ft)
Day 10 - Trek to Everest Base Camp and back to Gorakshep (5,184 m / 17,000 ft)
Day 11 - Trek to Kalapathar and back to Pheriche (4,252 m / 13,950 ft)
Day 12 - Trek to Tashinga (3,450 m / 11,318 ft)
Day 13 - Trek to Monjo (2,835 m / 9,300 ft)
Day 14 - Trek to Lukla (2,850 m / 9,350 ft)
Day 15 - Fly to Kathmandu
Day 16 - Final Departure