Ghorepani - Gandruk Trek - 9 Days
Western Nepal is one of the best trekking routes in Nepal. This route invites you to view the second largest Gurung village of Ghandruk and its unique variety of delicacies and drinks. The trek will give you the opportunity to see the dominating skyline of Annapurna range and different colors of rhododendron flowers in the forests.
Ghorepani meaning “Horse water” is a spot where the horses, mules and ponies carrying loads stop to refresh themselves which in itself is a delightful sight you would certainly want to capture.
It is recommended to take a break in Tadapani between the long trail from Ghorepani that leads to Ghandruk not only to make the trek easier but also for the excellent mountain views of Annapurna South, Hiuchuli and Machhapuchhare.
Enjoy boating on the Feva Taal, Visit Barahi –the island temple.
Take in the astonishing views of the landscape of the hills, snowcapped mountains, valleys, canyons and rivers.
Pass through many beautiful towns and villages that have their own distinct culture.
Trek past terrain with an abundance of flora, birds magnificent oak and rhododendron forests.
At poon Hill a vantage point provides an unobstructed view of sunrise over the high Himalayas.
Walking through Ghandruk visit the headquarter of Annapurna Conservation Area Project (ACAP) with two Gurung museums.
Trip Duration: 9 Days
Arrival In: Kathmandu
Departure From: Kathmandu
Meals: BB in Kathmandu and Pokhara and Full Board during trek (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
Best Season: September – April
• 4 nights’ tea house/ lodge based trek at the best available simple tea house/Lodge trek with 1 porter and 1 Guide throughout the trek on full board basis
• 2 nights’ hotel accommodation in Kathmandu in a single/ twin sharing room on bed and breakfast basis
• 2 nights’ hotel accommodation in Pokhara in a single/ twin sharing room on bed and breakfast basis
• Necessary transfers for Pokhara- Nayapul- Pokhara by private vehicle as per the itinerary
• Annapurna Conservation Area fee and TIMS (Trekkers’ Information Management System) card
• Nepalese Visa fee
• International air fare and airport taxes
• Any meals which are not included on the above cost inclusion
• Refreshments, tips, bottled drinks and bar bills
• Insurance and rescue of any form
• Cost arising out of flight cancellation/road blockades/landslides and reasons beyond our control
• Expenses of personal nature and any other expenses not mentioned in the above cost
• Gratuities, tipping to guides and drivers
• Personal insurance policy – suggested a comprehensive travel insurance covering tour and flight cancellations, loss of valuables, thefts, illness, accidents and hospitalization
• Any other cost that is not mentioned in the cost inclusion.
Day 1 - Arrive in Kathmandu
Day 2 - Drive to Pokhara
Day 3 - Drive to Nayapul and trek to Tirkhedhunga
Day 4 - Trek from Tirkhedhunga to Ghorepani
Day 5 - Visit Poonhill - Trek Ghorepani - Tadapani
Day 6 - Trek Tadapani- Ghandruk
Day 7 - Trek to Nayapul and back to Pokhara
Day 8 - Fly to Kathmandu
Day 9 - Final Departure