Helambu Trek - 9 Days
For those of you seeking a short trek in Nepal, the Helambu region situated close to the capital city, is an ideal choice. The trek passes through thick mountain forests with great Himalayan views and toward the end of the trip, you will also trek through some beautiful rice terraces and a number of splendid Buddhist monasteries.
Nepal boasts eight of the world’s tallest mountains and the world’s oldest Hindu and Buddhist sites. While Kathmandu Valley is made of three ancient cities filled with enchanting medieval palaces, pagodas, temples, statues and stupas, the rest of the kingdom offers unparalleled adventure options with abundance in flora and fauna. As for its people – From the Tharus that share their land with the splendid Asian tuskers in the plains to the brave Yak herders of Dolpo, they are as amazing as the land itself. Here in its tropical jungles the Royal Bengal Tiger prowls, higher up the legend of the Yeti lives on. Although modernization has set in, the quintessence of ancient Nepal remains amongst its people.
Sundarijal and Chisapani are best and renowned among hikers. A place famous for its scenic beauty with magnificent waterfalls, cataracts and rock formations.
Shivapuri National Park and Mul Kharka, leads through a forest and then to Chisapani. Chisapani is a mixed settlement of Brahmins, Gurungs, and Sherpas.
Pass through scenic villages and mountain scenery, dense oak rhododendron forests, terraced farms with seasonal crops.
From Magen Goth views of Langtang and Gosainkunda peak are stunning.
Tarkeghyang is a beautiful Sherpa village with one of the oldest and biggest monasteries.
At village of Sermathang a Buddhist monastery stands at the highest point.
Trip Duration: 9 Days
Arrival In: Kathmandu
Departure From: Kathmandu
Meals: BB Basis in Kathmandu & Pokhara / Full Board basis during trek (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
Best Season: September – April
• 3 nights’ hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on bed & breakfast basis
• 5 nights/6 days’ tea house/ lodge based trek at the best available simple tea house/Lodge trek with 1 porter and 1 sirdar / sherpa throughout the trek on bed and breakfast basis
• Shivapuri National Park Fee and TIMS (Trekkers’ Information Management System) card
• Necessary transfer of Kathmandu- Sundarijal and Melamchi pul Bazaar-Kathmandu by private vehicle escorted with English speaking local guide
• Nepalese Visa fee
• International air fare and airport taxes
• Any meals which are not included on the above cost inclusion
• Refreshments, tips, bottled drinks and bar bills
• Insurance and rescue of any form
• Cost arising out of flight cancellation/road blockades/landslides and reasons beyond our control
• Expenses of personal nature and any other expenses not mentioned in the above cost
• Gratuities, tipping to guides and drivers
• Personal insurance policy – suggested a comprehensive travel insurance covering tour and flight cancellations, loss of valuables, thefts, illness, accidents and hospitalization
• Any other cost that is not mentioned in the cost inclusion
Day 1 - Arrive in Kathmandu
Day 2 - Drive Kathmandu to Sundarijal & trek to Chisapani (656m/2152 ft.)
Day 3 - Trek to Khutumsang (2470m/8103 ft.)
Day 4 - Trek to Tharepati (3490m/11,450 ft.)
Day 5 - Trek to Tarkeghyang (2620m/ 8595 ft.)
Day 6 - Trek to Sermathang (2620m/ 8595 ft.)
Day 7 - Trek to Melamchi Pul Bazaar (846m) and drive back to Kathmandu
Day 8 - Rest Day in Kathmandu
Day 9 - Final Departure