Community Service in the Himalayas - 10 Days
“Be of service. Whether you make yourself available to a friend or co-worker, or you make time every month to do volunteer work, there is nothing that harvests more of a feeling of empowerment than being of service to someone in need” –Gillian Anderson
Volunteering is an act of kindness that is recommended especially for children and youth to instill in them the value of humanity from an early age. Be it ecological, educational, and medical or providing community services, we customize this program for people who are interested in cultural exchange, community development, trips to remote areas and simply lending a helping hand.
Apart from volunteering and community services in the beautiful Nagarkot hills, you get to indulge in sheer escapism from the hustle and bustle of the urban town with the amazing sight of sun setting behind the beautiful mountain ranges and glittering view of the Kathmandu city.
In Kathmandu visit the vegetable and spice market and courtyards and bustling bazaars.
Visit numerous religious monuments dedicated to Hinduism and Buddhism.
Visit the ancient city of Bhaktapur the ‘City of Devotees.
Nagarkot, a beautiful hill station offers a panoramic view of the Himalayan range.
Volunteering and community services in the beautiful Nagarkot hills, you get to indulge in sheer escapism from the hustle and bustle of the urban town.
Hike to Australian Camp passing through the rain forest from where we can see beautiful scenic views of Himalayas and Flora.
Pass through many quaint villages on the way.
Back in Kathmandu visit the medieval villages of Bungamati and Khokana.
Trip Duration: 10 Days
Arrival In: Kathmandu
Departure From: Kathmandu
Meals: Bed & breakfast basis (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
Best Season: February – May/ September – November
Activity: Tour/ Volunteer/ Short Hike
• Arrival and departure transfers
• Meet and assistance at the airport by our representative
• 1 night tea house/ lodge based trek on full board basis with supporting staff – 1 English speaking guide, 1 Sherpa/Sirdar and necessary porters
• 3 nights’ accommodation in Kathmandu in twin sharing room on bed & breakfast basis
• 4 nights’ accommodation in Nagarkot in twin sharing room on full board basis
• 1 night accommodation in Pokhara in twin sharing room on bed & breakfast basis
• Surface transfer for the sector Pokhara- Kande and then Phedi – Pokhara by private vehicle
• Annapurna Conservation Fees and TIMS card
• Entrance fees as indicated in the program
• All the sightseeing tours in Kathmandu will be provided as per the program with local English Speaking Guide on a private vehicle
• Sleeping bags while trekking
• 2 mineral water bottles per person/per day
• Nepal entry visa fee
• Airfare Kathmandu-Pokhara-Kathmandu [Will be Quoted Separately]
• Refreshments, tips, bottled drinks and bar bills
• Insurance and rescue of any form
• Cost arising out of flight cancellation/road blockades/landslides and reasons beyond our control
• Expenses of personal nature and any other expenses not mentioned in the above cost
• Gratuities, tipping to guides and drivers
• Extra cost and donation not included
Day 1 - Arrive in Kathmandu
Day 2 - In Kathmandu
Day 3 - Visit Bhaktapur Durbar Square and Nagarkot
Day 4 - Full day Community Service
Day 5 - Full day Community Service
Day 6 - Community service, Evening drive to Kathmandu
Day 7 - Fly to Pokhara, hike to Australian Camp
Day 8 - Hike to Dhampus and Phedi
Day 9 - Fly back to Kathmandu
Day 10 - Final Departure