Langtang Trek - 14 Days
Langtang valley is one of the most popular trekking routes in Nepal providing excellent mountain views whilst passing through old traditional homes. One of the most significant places for pilgrimage, Gosainkunda offers the best of natural beauty.
Nepal boasts eight of the world’s tallest mountains and the world’s oldest Hindu and Buddhist sites. While Kathmandu Valley is made of three ancient cities filled with enchanting medieval palaces, pagodas, temples, statues and stupas, the rest of the kingdom offers unparalleled adventure options with abundance in flora and fauna.
Head north out of Kathmandu driving through scenic foothills and ridgeline vistas.
Cross the BhoteKoshi and follow Langtang Khola.
Pass a few temporary settlements used by herders who bring their livestock to graze in the high pastures, Pass through oak, Hemlock, and fir forests
Visit the Monastery at the village Langthang.
Pass through small villages and yak pastures.
ThuloSyabru is one of the wonderful villages with splendid views of Ganesh Himal (7110m.), LangtangHimal and its ranges.
Trip Duration: 14 Days
Arrival In: Kathmandu
Departure From: Kathmandu
Meals: Bed & Breakfast basis (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
Best Season: March to May and September to December
• 3 nights’ hotel accommodation in Kathmandu
• 10 nights /11 days accommodation at the best available simple tea house/lodge based trek with 01 Sherpa/Sirdar and 1 porter throughout the trek on bed and breakfast basis
• Surface transfers from Kathmandu to SyabruBesi by private vehicle (4WD)
• Surface transfers from Dhunche to Kathmandu by private vehicle (4WD)
• National Park fees and TIMS’s card
• Nepalese Visa
• Domestic and International airport taxes
• Refreshments, tips, bottled drinks and bar bills
• Insurance and rescue of any form
• Cost arising out of flight cancellation/road blockades/landslides and reasons beyond our control
• Expenses of personal nature and any other expenses not mentioned in the above cost
• Gratuities, tipping to guides and drivers
• Sleeping bags [it can be hired in Kathmandu at the cost of US$ 3.5 per day]
• Excess baggage, Extra mileage
• Personal insurance policy – suggested a comprehensive travel insurance covering tour and flight cancellations, loss of valuables, thefts, illness, accidents and hospitalization
Day 1 - Arrive in Kathmandu
Day 2 - Drive to SyabruBesi (1600m/ 5249 ft.)
Day 3 - Trek to Lama Hotel (2470m/ 8103 ft.)
Day 4 - Trek to Langtang village (3430m/ 11,253 ft.) via GhoreTabela
Day 5 - Trek Langtang Village to KyanjinGompa (3870m/ 12,696 ft.)
Day 6 - Rest day at Kyanjin Gompa
Day 7 - Trek KyangjinGompa to Lama Hotel (2470m/ 8103 ft.)
Day 8 - Trek Lama Hotel to ThuloSyabru (2260m/ 7414 ft.)
Day 9 - Trek ThuloSyabru to Laurebina (3920m/ 12,860 ft.)
Day 10 - Day excursion around Gosainkunda (4361m/ 14,307 ft.)
Day 11 - Trek Laurebina to Dhunche (1763m/ 5787 ft.)
Day 12 - Drive back to Kathmandu
Day 13 - Rest day in Kathmandu
Day 14 - Final Departure