Manaslu Trek - 19 Days
Manaslu Circuit is one of the classic treks of Nepal rotating the world’s eighth highest mountain, Manaslu. Passing bamboo forests and narrow Gurung settlements, the trail is covered with Tibetan prayer flags, mani walls and monasteries, giving you a cultural feel throughout the trek.
Nepal boasts eight of the world’s tallest mountains and the world’s oldest Hindu and Buddhist sites. While Kathmandu Valley is made of three ancient cities filled with enchanting medieval palaces, pagodas, temples, statues and stupas, the rest of the kingdom offers unparalleled adventure options with abundance in flora and fauna.
Drive from Kathmandu to Arughat Bazaar.
Head north following the Buri Gandaki, surrounded by rice paddies and picturesque hamlets.
Pass through dense forests, little villages, terraced farmlands The trail is quite exposed and challenging in places. Trek over a flat leveled path mostly through forest of pine, rhododendron, you can enjoy mountain views of Rupinala pass, Mt. Manaslu, Gorkha Himal, Dwijen Himal, Saula Himal, Lajing peak, and many other snow capped mountains and peaks.
Trek to Samdo through a desert path and windy valley.
Cross the Marshyangdi river and join the main Annapurna Circuit with the hoardes of trekkers.
Pass through the main Himalayan range, between Manaslu and the Annapurna range.
A picturesque drive on the way back to Kathmandu along the banks of the Marshyangdi and Trishuli rivers
Trip Duration: 19 Days
Arrival In: Kathmandu
Departure From: Kathmandu
Meals: Bed & Breakfast basis (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
Best Season: March to May and September to December
• 15 Nights/ 16 Days camping based trek at Manaslu region in a double occupancy on full board plan during trek with required number of camping crew
• ACAP and Manaslu conservation area permit
• TIMS card fee
• All the necessary transfers by private vehicle escorted with English speaking local guide
• Surface transfer Kathmandu – Aaru Ghat and Besishar – Kathmandu by private vehicle as per the itinerary
• Nepalese Visa
• International/Domestic airfare
• Special Manaslu permit (quoted separately)[Subject to change if revised]
• Items of personal nature such as bar bills, alcoholic beverages, laundry, telephone calls, extra mileage, personal gratuities as tips to guide, porters, drivers etc.
• Personal insurance policy – suggested a comprehensive travel insurance covering tour and flight cancellations, loss of valuables, thefts, illness, accidents and hospitalization
• Excess baggage or sleeping bags that can be hired in Kathmandu and costs USD 3
• Meals are not included which are not specified in the above cost inclusion
• Gratuities, tipping to guides and drivers
• Expenses incurred by re-routing, inclement weather, floods, famine, political disruptions, strikes, riots and other disturbances
• Any items and services not mentioned on cost inclusions
Day 1 - Arrive in Kathmandu
Day 2 - Drive to Arughat (557m/ 1827 ft.)
Day 3 - Trek to Soti Khola (700m/ 2296 ft.)
Day 4 - Trek to Machha Khola ( 890m/ 2919 ft.)
Day 5 - Trek to Jagat ( 1350m/ 4429 ft.)
Day 6 - Trek to Philim (1700m/ 5577 ft.)
Day 7 - Trek to Deng (2095m/ 6873 ft.)
Day 8 - Trek to Namrung (2900m/ 9514 ft.)
Day 9 - Trek to Lho Gaun (3100m/ 10,170 ft.)
Day 10 - Trek to Sama Gaun (3390m/ 11,122 ft.)
Day 11 - Trek to Samdo (3690m/ 12,106 ft.)
Day 12 - Trek to Phedi (4460m/ 14,632 ft.)
Day 13 - Trek to Bimathang (3590m/ 11,778 ft.) en-route Larkya La pass (5135 m)
Day 14 - Trek to Tilje (2300m/ 7545 ft.)
Day 15 - Trek to Chamje (1430m/ 4691 ft.)
Day 16 - Trek to Khudi (930m/ 3051 ft.)
Day 17 - Trek to Besisahar (760m/ 2493 ft.) and drive back to Kathmandu
Day 18 - Rest Day in Kathmandu
Day 19 - Final Departure