Trek To Upper Mustang - 16 Days
Mustang, the remote and once forbidden vicinity of Nepal, is now a realm that people from far and wide journey to unveil its enigmatic beauty. Surrounded by snowy peaks, the capital city Lo Manthang is a semi- arid desert with rocky shelves and astonishingly sparkling blue lakes. Previously a prohibited route, one can now visit the old Lo Manthang Palace and its well-preserved Tibetan Buddhist culture and traditions with its amazing spectacle of the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri crests. This landscape is naturally gifted leaving everyone in awe and has also been an inspiring subject of many documentaries and movies regarding Nepal.
Nepal boasts eight of the world’s tallest mountains and the world’s oldest Hindu and Buddhist sites. While Kathmandu valley is made of three ancient cities filled with enchanting medieval palaces, pagodas, temples, statues and stupas, the rest of the kingdom offers unparalleled adventure options with abundance in flora and fauna. Although modernization has set in, the quintessence of ancient Nepal remains amongst its people.
Explore Kathmandu, its ancient cities and its incomparable UNSECO world Heritage Sites.
Visit numerous religious monuments dedicated to Hinduism and Buddhism.
Enjoy boating on the Feva Taal, Visit Barahi –the island temple.
Upper Mustang Trek.
Land at a unique airstrip at 2,780 m
On the trek pass through many beautiful towns and villages that have their own distinct culture.
Take in the astonishing views of the landscape of the hills, snowcapped mountains, valleys, canyons and rivers.
Visit an old palace and view an eccentric set of human hands.
If luck permits meet the king of Lo-Manthang.
Explore the villages by horseback.
Stop by at Lo Gekar Gompa, one of the oldest Gompas in Nepal.
Walk through the “midevial town of Kagbeni with its dark tunnels, alleys and mud houses.
Trip Duration: 16 Days
Arrival In: Kathmandu
Departure From: Kathmandu
Meals: Bed & Breakfast basis (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
Best Season: September – April
• Meet and assistance at the airport
• Arrival and departures transfers by private vehicle as mentioned in the itinerary
• 3 nights’ hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on twin room occupancy on bed and breakfast plan
• 2 nights’ hotel accommodation in Pokhara on twin room occupancy on bed and breakfast plan
• 10 nights/11 days’ tea house/lodge based trek on Bed and Breakfast plan with necessary supporting staffs (1 porter and 1 Sherpa/Sirdar)
• All the necessary surface transfer by private vehicle as per the itinerary
• Annapurna Conservation Fees and TIMS card
• Entrance fees at the monuments as per the program
• Nepal entry visa fee
• Refreshments, tips, bottled drinks and bar bills
• Insurance and rescue of any form
• Cost arising out of flight cancellation/road blockades/landslides and reasons beyond our control
• Expenses of personal nature and any other expenses not mentioned in the above cost
• Gratuities, tipping to guides and drivers
• Meals and services not mentioned in the itinerary
Upper Mustang permit per pax USD 500.00 per person [Valid till 10 days]
*Note: The above permit fee is valid till 10 days only. If the number of days exceeds 10 days then extra USD 50.00 per person per day will have to be paid.
Day 1 - Arrive in Kathmandu
Day 2 - In Kathmandu
Day 3 - Fly to Pokhara
Day 4 - Fly to Jomsom and drive to Kagbeni
Day 5 - Trek to Chele
Day 6 - Trek to Geling
Day 7 - Trek to Charang
Day 8 - Trek to Lo - Manthang
Day 9 - In Lo-Manthang
Day 10 - Trek to Ghami
Day 11 - Trek to Shyangmochen
Day 12 - Trek to Kagbeni
Day 13 - Trek to Jomsom
Day 14 - Fly to Pokhara
Day 15 - Fly back to Kathmandu
Day 16 - Final Departure