Learn Five Fun Facts
1. Bhutan is the only country that measures its progress by its “Gross National Happiness.” This tiny nation is arguably the happiest country on earth.
2. Bhutan’s people planted 108,000 trees to celebrate the birth of their new prince in 2016. Not to forget, plastic bags have been banned in Bhutan since 1999.
3. Bhutan is the only nation in the world where the sale of tobacco is banned. Those who bring their own tobacco products into Bhutan are subject to duties and customs at the Paro Airport.
5. The first foreign tourists were allowed into Bhutan in 1974.
1. The flag of Nepal is the only National flag that is not rectangular in shape and is over 2000 years old.
2. 8 of the world's 10 highest peaks are in Nepal, including the highest point on Earth, Mount Everest at 8,848 m (29.029 ft).
3. Nepal has the world's densest concentration of World Heritage Sites.
4. Nepal has over 80 ethnic groups and 123 languages.
5. “Better to die than be a coward” is the motto of the world-famous Nepalese Gurkha soldiers who are an integral part of the British Army since 1815.
1. Titled the “Roof of the World”, Tibet is literally the highest place on earth with an average elevation of 4,500 m (14,764 ft).
2. Tibetan people by tradition place prayer flags around their houses & properties for spiritual protection. These prayer flags are made up of 5 natural elements each a different color of blue, white, red, green, yellow each symbolizing Space, Air, Fire, Water and Earth.
3. Tibet is known as the world’s “Third Pole” as, after the North and South Poles, it holds the third largest quantity of glacially stored water.
4. Potala Palace, the chief residence of the Dalai Lama is exclusively constructed on "Marpori" that translates as "Red Mountain". The 13-storied palace has no elevator with about 1,000 rooms to explore and houses 200,000 Buddhist images.
5. Namtso, ‘the heavenly lake’, is the highest saltwater lake in the world that leaves one spellbound by its glistening beauty, pure blue water, and spiritual element.