Tibet- Drigung Til Monastery - 8 Days
This itinerary takes you through an array of monasteries to remote villages and beautiful pastures, coming across nomadic life and eventually leading you to the wondrous Drigung Til monastery with gold capped roofs that give you an exhilarating view of the entire valley. This is a trail definitely worthy of a voyage.
Lhasa, which means ‘the land of the gods’ is the heart and soul of Tibet. It is a city of wonders, the capital of Tibet and an autonomous region of China. For centuries this holy city has attracted travellers from all over the world with its beautiful scenery, cultural heritage and its mysticism.
Take a stroll to the Barkhor Market and Town area.
Visit the Potala Palace a cardinal landmark and a structure of massive proportion.
Lhasa has many significant religious and cultural sites to visit.
Sera and Drepung Monasteries are numerous white temples and Buddhist buildings.
Drive though Kyi Chu valley to Tridum Nunnery enjoy the hot-spring there.
Trek to the Wild Yak Crying Monastery, past grasslands, view the beautiful mountains, hop across streams, stop at a nomadic camp,
Walk past grazing Yaks, sheep and nomadic camps.
At Ngul Tso village visit the Drigung Til monastery which provides stupendous views of the entire valley
Trip Duration: 8 Days
Arrival In: Lhasa
Departure From: Lhasa
Meals: Bed & breakfast basis, Full Board basis while camping
Best Season: February – May/ September – November
• Meet and greet and airport transfers
• 4 nights’ accommodation in Lhasa on bed and breakfast basis
• 3 nights’ camping trek as per the itinerary on full board basis with necessary trekking equipment and supporting staffs
• Sightseeing tour in Tibet will be provided as per the itinerary with local English speaking Tibetan guide by private vehicle
• International/domestic arrival / departure transfers
• Tibet Travel Permit
• All surface transfers as per the itinerary by private vehicle
• All entrance and monuments fees as indicated in the program
• Chinese Visa Fee
• International & domestic airfare
• Lunches and dinners in Lhasa
• Refreshments, bottled drinks
• Tipping to guides and drivers
• Insurance and rescue of any form
• Cost arising out of flight cancellation/road blockades/landslides/riots and events beyond our control
• Expenses of personal nature and any other expenses not mentioned in the above cost
• Photography charges in the monasteries and monuments
Day 1- Arrive in Lhasa
Day 2 - Lhasa sightseeing
Day 3 - In Lhasa
Day 4 - Drive Lhasa- Tridum
Day 5 - Trek Tridum - Zari Pastures
Day 6 - In the Zari Pastures (Nomadic Area)
Day 7 - Trek to Drigung Til Monastery
Day 8 - Final Departure