Tibet-Ganden-Samye Trek - 10 Days
A pilgrimage connecting two religious monasteries via pristine lakes, remote mountain passes, beautiful alpine forests and meadows, the Ganden- Samye trek is the most popular trek in Tibet as you get to see old traditional palaces and ancient monasteries all along the way.
Lhasa, which means ‘the land of the gods’ is the heart and soul of Tibet. It is a city of wonders, the capital of Tibet and an autonomous region of China. For centuries this holy city has attracted travellers from all over the world with its beautiful scenery, cultural heritage and its mysticism.
Lhasa has many significant religious and cultural sites to visit.
Visit the Potala Palace a cardinal landmark and a structure of massive proportion.
Sera and Drepung Monasteries are numerous white temples and Buddhist buildings.
Visit the beautiful Ganden monastery which is built on a cliff in a natural amphitheater.
At the Shorgala hike past meadows the herder camps, and view the picturesque Tibetan plateaus.
Walk past lakes as your trail plunges into a gorge.
At the riverside camp enjoy a bonfire and drinks in the evening.
Walk through thickening scrub forest, streams, blooming rhododendrons and fragrant junipers.
Visit Yamalung hermitage where Guru Rinpoche is said to have meditated and received empowerment.
Drop by the Nyango village and the Samye monastery.
At Tsedang visit Yambulakhang Palace and Tandruk monastery in the city.
Trip Duration: 10 Days
Arrival In: Lhasa
Departure From: Lhasa
Meals: Bed & breakfast basis, Full Board basis while camping
Best Season: February – May/ September – November
• All necessary arrival/departure transfers
• Meet assistance at the airport
• 3 nights’ hotel accommodation in Lhasa in a twin sharing basis on bed and breakfast basis
• 2 nights’ hotel accommodation in Tsedang in a twin sharing basis on bed and breakfast basis
• 4 nights’ in camp tent on full board basis
• Sightseeing tour and all surface transfers in Tibet will be provided as per the itinerary with English speaking Tibetan guide by private vehicle
• Tibet Travel Permit
• All entrance and monuments fees as indicated in the program
• Chinese Visa Fee [Will be quoted separately and subject to change if revised]
• International airfare [Will be quoted separately and subject to change if revised]
• Meals which are not mentioned in the above program
• Refreshments, bottled drinks
• Insurance and rescue of any form
• Cost arising out of flight cancellation/road blockades/landslides/riots and events beyond our control
• Expenses of personal nature and any other expenses not mentioned in the above cost
• Photography charges in the monasteries and monuments
• Any other services and items which are not mentioned in the above cost inclusion
Day 1 - Arrive in Lhasa
Day 2 - In Lhasa
Day 3 - In Lhasa
Day 4 - Drive to Ganden, trek to Hebu Valley
Day 5 - Trek to Shogarla Pass
Day 6 - Trek to Gambala (5050m)
Day 7 - Trek to Molong
Day 8 - Trek to Samye
Day 9 - In Tsedang
Day 10 - Final Departure