Tibet- Hike to Phabongkha - 4 Days
Phabongkha is a holy hermitage for pilgrims as many great monks such as Guru Rinpoche is said to have meditated here. On the one day hike to Phabongkha Monastery, one of the most ancient Buddhist sites in the Lhasa region, you come across many different stories about its various shrines, whose most famous relic is the carved mantra “om mani padme hum”.
Lhasa, which means ‘the land of the gods’ is the heart and soul of Tibet. It is a city of wonders, the capital of the Tibet and an autonomous region of China. For centuries this holy city has attracted travellers from all over the world with its beautiful scenery, cultural heritage and its mysticism.
Lhasa has many significant religious and cultural sites to visit.
Sera and Drepung Monasteries are numerous white temples and Buddhist buildings.
Visit the Potala Palace a cardinal landmark and a structure of massive proportion.
Hike to Phabongkha.
At Phabongkha visit the Phabongkha monastery perched on a granite boulder.
Inside Phabongkha Monastery you will come across temples and a cave.
Make an additional visit to the Chupsang nunnery and the Choling hermitage with it scenic views.
Trip Duration: 4 Days
Arrival In: Lhasa
Departure From: Lhasa
Meals: Bed & breakfast basis
Best Season: February – May/ September – November
• Arrival and departure transfers by private vehicle
• Meet and assist by our representative at airport
• 3 nights’ hotel accommodation in Lhasa in a twin sharing room on bed and breakfast basis
• All entrance and monument fee as indicated in the program
• All the sightseeing tour in Tibet will be provided as per the program with local English speaking Tibetan guide
• All necessary transfer by private vehicle
• Tibet travel permit
• International airfare & taxes
• Chinese visa fee
• Meals are not mentioned in itinerary
• Items of personal nature such as bar bills, alcoholic beverages, laundry, telephone calls, extra mileage, personal gratuities as tips to guide, porters, drivers etc
• Personal insurance policy – suggested a comprehensive travel insurance covering tour and flight cancellations, loss of valuables, thefts, illness, accidents and hospitalization; and most of all Emergency Helicopter Evacuation
• Expenses incurred by re-routing, inclement weather, floods, famine, political disruptions, strikes, riots and other disturbances
• Any items and services that are not mentioned on cost inclusions