Tibet- Hike To Drak Yerpa Caves - 6 Days
The highlight of this trip is the hike to the caves of Drak Yerpa. This provides a slight change from monasteries and temples. The Drak Yerpa Caves is one of central Tibet’s outstanding hermitage power places. The history of this place includes many of the great names responsible for the establishment of Buddhism in Tibet. A visit to these meditation caves also provides amazing views of the valley. This is an itinerary with a bit of culture, spirituality and adventure.
Lhasa, the heart and soul of Tibet, is a city of wonders. The visits to different sites in Lhasa would be an awesome experience. Potala Palace has been the focus of the travellers for centuries. It is the cardinal landmark and a structure of massive proportion. Norbulingka is the summer palace of His Holiness Dalai Lama. Drepung monastery is one of the world’s largest and most intact monasteries. Jokhang temple is the heart of Tibet and Barkhor market is the place to get necessary resources for locals as well as souvenirs for tourists.
Lhasa has many significant religious and cultural sites to visit.
Sera and Drepung Monasteries are numerous white temples and Buddhist buildings.
Visit the Potala Palace a cardinal landmark and a structure of massive proportion.
Visit Barkhor Street, the oldest street in Lhasa and shop and mingle with the locals.
Drive East of Lhasa is the Yerpa cave, one of the holiest cave retreats, and a peaceful and stunning place.
A unique monastery and village rolled into one, Samye is a highlight of a visit to Tibet.
Chimpu caves are located just above the monastery.
Trip Duration: 6 Days
Arrival In: Lhasa
Departure From: Lhasa
Meals: Bed & breakfast basis
Best Season: February – May/ September – November
• All necessary arrival/departure transfers
• Meet assistance at the airport
• 5 nights’ hotel accommodation in Lhasa in a twin sharing basis on bed and breakfast basis
• Sightseeing tour and all surface transfers in Tibet will be provided as per the itinerary with English speaking Tibetan guide by private vehicle
• Tibet Travel Permit
• All entrance and monuments fees as indicated in the program
• Chinese Visa Fee [Will be quoted separately and subject to change if revised]
• International airfare [Will be quoted separately and subject to change if revised]
• Meals which are not mentioned in the above program
• Refreshments, bottled drinks
• Insurance and rescue of any form
• Cost arising out of flight cancellation/road blockades/landslides/riots and events beyond our control
• Expenses of personal nature and any other expenses not mentioned in the above cost
• Photography charges in the monasteries and monuments
• Any other services and items which are not mentioned in the above cost inclusion