A Journey to Mount Kailas - 13 Days
4,640 m/ 14,848 ft
Feb - May / Sep - Nov
For centuries Mount Kailas is known as the most sacred pilgrimage destination in Asia. It is common for pilgrims to circumambulate the sacred mountain, commonly called Kora (Pilgrimage Circuit) or Parikrama. Often pilgrims encompass both the Mansarovar Lake and Mount Kailash in a quest to wash away the sins of their lifetime. The drive from Nepal to this holy site or vice versa is a picturesque excursion passing panoramic landscapes, immaculate lakes, remote areas with grazing animals, and the fresh mountainous air blowing in all its glory.
- Wander through UNESCO World Heritage Sites, stupas, and temples in Nepal and Tibet.
- Drive past lakes and hamlets, watch nomads herding thousands of yaks in the remote Tibetan regions.
- Enjoy the picturesque landscape and divine waters of Lake Mansarovar.
- Day 1- Arrive in Kathmandu
- Day 2 - In Kathmandu
- Day 3 - In Kathmandu
- Day 4 - Fly Kathmandu to Lhasa
- Day 5 - In Lhasa
- Day 6 - Drive to Shigatse via Gyantse
- Day 7 - Drive to Saga
- Day 8 - Drive from Saga to Darchen
- Day 9 - Day visit to Lake Mansarovar (4,588 m/ 15,052 ft)
- Day 10 - Drive from Darchen to Saga
- Day 11- Drive to Zhangmu
- Day 12 - Drive to Kathmandu via Bhaktapur
- Day 13 - Final Departure
- Arrival and departure transfers by private vehicle.
- Meet and assist by our representative at airport.
- 1 night accommodation in Zhangmu on twin / double sharing on the bed and breakfast basis.
- 2 nights’ accommodation in Lhasa on twin / double sharing on the bed and breakfast basis.
- 2 nights’ accommodation in Darchen on twin / double sharing on the bed and breakfast basis.
- 2 nights’ accommodation in Saga on twin / double sharing on the bed and breakfast basis.
- 1 night accommodation in Shigatse on twin / double sharing on the bed and breakfast basis.
- 4 nights’ accommodation in Kathmandu on twin/ double sharing on bed and breakfast basis.
- All entrance and monument fee as indicated in the program.
- All the sightseeing tour in Tibet will be provided as per the program with local English speaking Tibetan guide.
- All necessary transfer by Land cruiser (3 pax in one LC).
- Tibet travel permit.