Ganden Samye Trek - 10 Days
Tour + Trek
5,630 m/ 18,471 ft
Feb - May/ Sep - Nov
Lhasa, which means ‘the land of the gods’ is the heart and soul of Tibet. It is a city of wonders, the capital of Tibet and an autonomous region of China. For centuries, this holy city has attracted travellers from all over the world with its beautiful scenery, cultural heritage, and mysticism. A pilgrimage connecting two religious monasteries via pristine lakes, remote mountain passes, beautiful alpine forests and meadows, the Ganden- Samye trek is the most popular trek in Tibet as you get to see old traditional palaces and ancient monasteries all along the way.
- Visit the beautiful Ganden Monastery which is built on a cliff in a natural amphitheater.
- At the riverside camp, enjoy a warm bonfire and drinks in the evening.
- Walk through thickening scrub forests, streams, blooming rhododendrons and fragrant junipers and view the picturesque Tibetan plateaus.
- Visit Yamalung hermitage where Guru Rinpoche is said to have meditated and received empowerment.
- Day 1 - Arrive in Lhasa
- Day 2 - In Lhasa
- Day 3 - In Lhasa
- Day 4 - Drive to Ganden, trek to Hebu Valley
- Day 5 - Trek to Shogarla Pass
- Day 6 - Trek to Gambala (5050m)
- Day 7 - Trek to Molong
- Day 8 - Trek to Samye
- Day 9 - In Tsedang
- Day 10 - Final Departure
- All necessary arrival/departure transfers.
- Meet assistance at the airport.
- 3 nights’ hotel accommodation in Lhasa in a twin sharing basis on bed and breakfast basis.
- 2 nights’ hotel accommodation in Tsedang in a twin sharing basis on bed and breakfast basis.
- 4 nights’ in camp tent on full board basis.
- Sightseeing tour and all surface transfers in Tibet will be provided as per the itinerary with English speaking Tibetan guide by private vehicle.
- Tibet Travel Permit.
- All entrance and monuments fees as indicated in the program.