Hike to Drak Yerpa Caves - 6 Days
4,885 m/ 16,011 ft
Feb - May/ Sep - Nov
A hike to the caves of Drak Yerpa is a fantastic gateway when in Tibet. A refreshing break from the monasteries and temples, the Drak Yerpa Caves is one of central Tibet’s outstanding hermitage power places. The history of this place includes many great names responsible for the establishment of Buddhism in Tibet. A visit to these meditation caves also provides amazing views of the valley. This is an easygoing short hike for beginners and children and can be enjoyed with families.
- Discover Buddhist temples, monasteries and cultural sites that Lhasa is home to.
- Drive East of Lhasa to the Yerpa cave, one of the holiest cave retreats, and a peaceful and stunning place.
- A unique monastery and village rolled into one, Samye is a highlight of a visit to Tibet.
- Day 1 - Arrival in Lhasa
- Day 2 - In Lhasa
- Day 3 - In Lhasa
- Day 4 - Hike to Drak Yerpa Caves
- Day 5 - In Lhasa
- Day 6 - Final Departure
- All necessary arrival/departure transfers.
- Meet assistance at the airport.
- 5 nights’ hotel accommodation in Lhasa in a twin sharing basis on bed and breakfast basis.
- Sightseeing tour and all surface transfers in Tibet will be provided as per the itinerary with English speaking Tibetan guide by private vehicle.
- Tibet Travel Permit.
- All entrance and monuments fees as indicated in the program.