Journey to the Roof of the World - 10 Days
5,570 m/ 18,381 ft
May - Sep
Embark on a nomadic journey in canvas luxury. Unfurl the centuries-old culture of Ladakh, exploring her fascinating monuments, quaint monasteries enriched with ancient art forms, fairs, and festivals. Be part of the region's unique rituals - enjoy the ancient sport of Polo, brought to Ladakh in the 17th century by the Royals. Try your hand at archery set amidst the most dramatic and breathtaking landscape. Raft on the gentle Shyok River and stop for a delicious picnic lunch at the most picturesque hamlet.
- Watch a colourful sunset from Shanti Stupa overlooking the old city of Leh.
- Rediscover the lost world of Nubra Valley.
- Experience a camel safari along soft white sandy deserts with rolling dunes.
- Drive past the highest motorable road in the world – Khardungla Pass.
- Day 1 - Arrive in Delhi
- Day 2 - In Delhi
- Day 3 - Fly to Leh, Ladakh
- Day 4 - In Leh
- Day 5 - In Leh
- Day 6 - Drive to Nubra
- Day 7 - In Nubra
- Day 8 - Drive to Leh
- Day 9 - Fly back to Delhi
- Day 10 - Final Departure
- Arrival and departure transfers.
- English speaking guide during sight seeing.
- 3 nights in Delhi, 3 nights Thikshey, 2 nights Diskit Nubra and 1 night Leh.
- Air-condition vehicle in Delhi and non Air conditioned in Ladakh.
- Entrance fee to the monument as indicated in the programme.
- Mineral water bottles in the vehicle.